Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Doughgirl

4 out of 6 kinds of cookies down. 2 more left to make for our Christmas care packages. Mrs. Nator made most of them, but I'm still exhausted. Cookies and little tchotchkes may be cheaper than large gifts, but not by much, what with the ingredients and shipping. Then there's the baking and packing. It's a labour of love - awwww!

It would be nice to get them done tonight, but I'm not going to kill myself to do it. I took Thursday off, since we'll be doing Mrs. Nator's big present Wednesday night - going to the Wainwright Family Christmas at Carnegie Hall. Actually, it was going to be her big present, but, as usual, I couldn't stop buying her stuff, so she'll be getting some nice stuff on Christmas, too.

Me, I will be broke.

Anyway, I'd like the day off to be a day off, but I have the feeling I'll be baking and wrapping and packing.

How I wish those were all euphemisms!

No comments: