Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Even Newer Guinea, Pt. II

Go ahead - just try and resist my seductive good looks. You make a good hammock, guy. Hello. I am a golden-mantled tree kangaroo. No, not the big guy, the littler one he's holding. See? That's me again on the right.

I'm letting him hold me 'cause I don't have much experience with humans. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen one before. This one seems pretty nice.

I said 'hi'. He also got to meet my rare friend the long-beaked echidna, too. Say hi, Echie.
Hi.
Heck, the only thing this guy has missed is a sighting of the never before photographed Pip-Squack bird.

This Da Nator person says she'd love to come see us, too. That would be okay with me, but she says that if I get too many human visitors tromping through my habitat I might get near extinctamated like my kind have been in other areas. I wouldn't like that.

Anyway, you can find out more about my home and the other animals in it here. You can find out more about the humans who found me and give them donations here. But if you want to touch my mantle, you'll have to travel a long way. And scratch my itches. But please don't extinctamate me. Thanks!

No comments: