Tuesday, February 21, 2006

What's That On Your Head?

No, not a wig, but I'm sure you were all just on tenterhooks waiting to find out how my haircut came out. Well, the verdict is: fabulous. Upon finding very high ratings for Medusa on 7th Ave, I decided to try it out. The place is cute if a bit small and grubby. My stylist was called Kelly and I felt as though I could trust her once 1.) I saw she had quite short hair herself and 2.) it came up in the conversation that we had both been at the Duran Duran concert in Worcester, MA in 1984. Little things mean a lot.

Anyway, she was nice and did exactly what I asked her to do, to the letter. She quickly figured out what my hair could do and texturized it correctly. The price was reasonable - $52, not including tip and a product I bought. Oh, and the woman who washed my hair did a nice, long massage version with a wonderfully coconutty-smelling shampoo and conditioner, so that was a real plus.

Being the loyal tenderhearted soul that I am, I can't help but feel guilty that I "cheated" on my hairdresser of so many years. But sometimes you need to shake things up - and it was kind of nice getting this service from someone who doesn't know all of my business dating back to way back when.

At any rate, mission accomplished. No highlights, yet, but I'm thinking about it. Oh, and if you're looking for a place in Park Slope to get your hair done, check Medusa out. Even my exacting standards were met, and that's no small feat.

No comments: