Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Do You Know What Today Is?

As the song goes, "it's our anniversary." That's right, today (and tomorrow, there's a running debate about this) is the anniversary of M and my first date - the beginning of our life together. We've been through so much together, but it's still hard to believe it's been four years. I am so grateful for our relationship.

When M discovered me (and stalked me, but that's another story), I had come to a point in my life where I was so discouraged that I felt I was probably just "not meant" to ever have another person love me in the way she does. I had long been a romantic, but after years of hurt and disappointment I began to question whether healthy, loving, respectful, long-term, monogamous and stimulating relationships were possible. Well, now I know they are.

So, thank you, Universe, and thank you, my beloved Marci. I'm not feeling very eloquent right now, but I hope this will help to convey my feelings:

For her gait if she be walking,
Be she sitting I desire her
For her state's sake, and admire her
For her wit if she be talking:
Gait and state and wit approve her;
For which all and each I love her.

Be she sullen, I commend her
For a modest; be she merry,
For a kind one her prefer I.
Briefly, everything doth lend her
So much grace and so approve her
That for everything I love her.

- William Browne

No comments: