Friday, January 05, 2007

Crap!

In a development that is indicative of... well, so many things at my job, the Acting Director of my department has postponed the meeting I set up to ask for a raise for the third time this week. So, three times I've gotten myself all prepped and psyched up, and three times I've gotten a call from her assistant at the last minute saying she's too busy right now.

Grrrr.

I didn't want it to go this way, but it looks like I'm going to have to give her a formal letter today asking for the raise. She said we could meet on Monday, but since there's no guarantee of that and I want the raise to start in February, it looks like I'm going to have to make my case in writing before I mesmerize her with my mad charisma and professional interpersonal skillz (ha).

Fortunately, I think I'm a pretty good writer of this kinda thingamajiggy. I'll letcha know what happens.

I'm off to the wilds of New Jersey to do belated xmas with Ma Nator this weekend. You be good, kids, and keep wwwoooonnn-ing my way, mmkay?

3 comments:

Ken said...

Poor, poor Nator. Canceling your meeting more than once is such a passive agressive technique to assert her/his bossness.

Can't your HR folks give you some advice on this?

Anonymous said...

Ditto on the passive aggressive comment. I'll bet your boss realizes what you're up to and wants to destroy your resolve. To quote Galaxy Quest: Never give up! Never surrender!

To quote Galaxy Quest again: By Grabthar's Hammer, you shall be avenged!

Sorry. I just really feel like seeing that movie right about now. Good luck ;)

Anonymous said...

Top marks for tenacity!